Miraculous Apple Cider Vinegar ?
Apple cider vinegar is the most popular type of vinegar in the natural health community. It is claimed to lead to all sorts of benefits, many of which are supported by science. This includes weight loss, reduced cholesterol, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. It is also an ancient folk remedy, and has been used for various household and cooking purposes. Here are some health benefits of apple cider vinegar that are supported by scientific research.
- Japanese scientists found that drinking vinegar might help reduce obesity.
- One small study found that vinegar improved blood sugar and insulin levels in a group of people with type 2 diabetes.
- Though some studies have been promising, there’s still little evidence that drinking apple cider vinegar helps you lose weight.
- It may also cause your potassium levels to drop too low. Your muscles and nerves need that nutrient to work the way they should.
- Another study of people with type 1 diabetes found that apple cider vinegar slows the rate food and liquids leave the stomach to be digested. That makes it harder to control your blood sugar level.
- It might also affect medications that treat diabetes and heart disease, as well as diuretics (medicines that help your body get rid of water and salt) and laxatives.
- And of course, its strong taste might not be for everyone.